How will my hair disorder affect my quality of life?

Your quality of life will depend on how you handle your hair disorder. It will also depend on what kind of disorder you are experiencing. It may be that your disorder is temporary, in which case, you may be able to easily manage it until it passes. If your condition is permanent or prolonged, your quality of life could suffer greatly if you do not manage your condition on a daily basis.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Are there side effects to the treatment of hair disorders?
The type of hair disorder that you are afflicted with would depend on the treatment you are receivin...
What might cause itchy, painful blisters on my head?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The location and size of the blisters are important in diagnosing the cause.Blisters on the scalp ca...
What are the complications of a hair disorder?
The complications to hair disorders are mostly psychological and emotional. Excessive hairiness can ...