What do I need to know about caring for someone with hypertrichosis?

You will need to be sympathetic to their condition. Understanding the emotional distress that they are under and supporting them is critical to their well being and state of mind. Do whatever is necessary to help them feel better about themselves. You can also help them get to treatments, either for the hair growth itself or for underlying conditions that may be causing it.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What increases my risk for hair disorders?
Being that there are a variety of hair disorders, there are also a variety of risk factors. For inst...
How do other illnesses affect hair disorders?
Other illnesses actually can cause hair disorders. Some cancers or tumors can cause an excess of hai...