How can having dandruff affect my self-esteem?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
The effect of dandruff on quality of life varies with the individual. Since dandruff is not serious, from a medical standpoint, the greatest challenge in dealing with dandruff may be coping with the psychological and social stress that can accompany symptomatic dandruff. If you are having difficulty managing your dandruff and experiencing self-esteem issues related to your symptoms, you should seek support from family and friends, and perhaps evaluation by a qualified healthcare professional.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Are hair disorders serious?
Hair diseases are not serious by themselves. However, a hair disorder can be serious if there is an ...
When will I first notice symptoms of a hair disorder?
Each form of a hair disorder will have different times when symptoms first appear. Hereditary baldne...
What is hirsutism?
Hirsutism is a condition where women have excess facial and body hair. The hair is dark and coarse l...
What are the symptoms of hair disorders?
The symptoms of a hair disease can vary from hair loss to excessive hair growth. The disorder known ...