How do I manage my crab lice or pubic lice on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Managing an infestation of pubic lice generally means ridding yourself of the pubic lice and making sure they don't come back. To that end, it's important to make sure your surroundings, as well as your own body, are decontaminated. Use medicated shampoos or creams as directed to get rid of lice on your body. After treatment, make sure you wash or dry clean bedding and clothes, or replace them entirely. Also, thoroughly vacuum any carpeting and furniture in your home.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Are there side effects to the treatment of hair disorders?
The type of hair disorder that you are afflicted with would depend on the treatment you are receivin...
Do hair disorders run in families?
Hair disorders can definitely run in families. Polycystic ovary syndrome, which may be caused or par...
How effective are the treatments for hair disorders?
For a treatment to be effective, you must consider the type of hair disorder, the cause of the disor...