How do I manage my crab lice or pubic lice on a daily basis?

Managing an infestation of pubic lice generally means ridding yourself of the pubic lice and making sure they don't come back. To that end, it's important to make sure your surroundings, as well as your own body, are decontaminated. Use medicated shampoos or creams as directed to get rid of lice on your body. After treatment, make sure you wash or dry clean bedding and clothes, or replace them entirely. Also, thoroughly vacuum any carpeting and furniture in your home.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a hair disorder?
You can start by knowing what kind of hair disorder they have. You will know better how to treat the...
What might cause itchy, painful blisters on my head?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The location and size of the blisters are important in diagnosing the cause.Blisters on the scalp ca...