What are the symptoms of dandruff?

Symptoms of dandruff include skin scales. They can be white flakes that land on your shoulders, or yellowish and oily flakes that stick to the skin. The skin may be also be red and itchy. Dandruff usually affects the scalp but may also occur on the forehead, eyebrows, eyelids, and beard. It also occurs in skin folds, such as in the ears, around the nose, and in the armpits.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

As a woman, how can I deal with excessive hair?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
Just as hormones influence hair loss in women, they can also cause an overgrowth of hair. It often o...
When will I first notice symptoms of a hair disorder?
Each form of a hair disorder will have different times when symptoms first appear. Hereditary baldne...
What are the complications of a hair disorder?
The complications to hair disorders are mostly psychological and emotional. Excessive hairiness can ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a hair disorder?
You can start by knowing what kind of hair disorder they have. You will know better how to treat the...