What do I need to know about caring for someone with dandruff?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Caring for someone with dandruff does not typically require any special training or equipment. In the event of severe symptomatic dandruff or dandruff with associated infection, care should be directed by qualified healthcare professional. Otherwise, caring for someone with dandruff amounts to social and psychological support and, possibly, assistance with managing medication and treatment appointments.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
What increases my risk for hair disorders?
Being that there are a variety of hair disorders, there are also a variety of risk factors. For inst...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a hair disorder?
You can start by knowing what kind of hair disorder they have. You will know better how to treat the...