Will all of my children develop pili torti if I have it?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There have been cases where more than one family member has inherited the gene that causes pili torti and become affected by the condition. Other syndromes that can be cause pili torti can also have genetic links. But it is not a certainty that more than one, or even any, of your children will have pili torti, even if you carry the gene.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

How do doctors treat trichodynia?
There is no one way to treat trichodynia; doctors take a very individualistic approach. If trichodyn...
Who is most at risk for a hair disorder?
Because there are various types of hair disorders, it would depend on the form of the disorder to de...
What is the rate of incidence for hair disorders?
Because hair disorders are so various the rate of incidence is variable. It depends on the form of t...
What are hair disorders?
Hair disorders involve conditions of either hair loss or excessive hair growth. Both men and women c...