Will all of my children develop pili torti if I have it?

There have been cases where more than one family member has inherited the gene that causes pili torti and become affected by the condition. Other syndromes that can be cause pili torti can also have genetic links. But it is not a certainty that more than one, or even any, of your children will have pili torti, even if you carry the gene.

Continue Learning about Hair Diseases (Hair Disorders)

Uncombable Hair Syndrome—It’s a Real Thing
Besides a great sense of humor and a touch of brilliance, what does the 102-year-old comedian Professor Irwin Corey (“Without this great land of ours,...
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
Contending With Unwanted Hair Growth
In 1865, as a one-year-old, Annie Jones Elliot was put in PT Barnum’s sideshow as “The New Infant Esau.” (Easu in Hebrew means hairy). By age five, Th...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with a hair disorder?
You can start by knowing what kind of hair disorder they have. You will know better how to treat the...
How do hair disorders affect women differently than men?
Some hair disorders, such as hirsutism, can have a more profound affect on a woman's emotional well ...