Why does my hair color fade so fast?

Water fades hair color. In fact, up to 80 percent of color fade is due to water alone. Your hair absorbs water, and as your hair dries, the dyes drain out with the water. If you’re a staunch everyday washer, try every other day. To stretch out the time between washes, try a dry shampoo on your roots to absorb oil and pump up volume (available at salons or drugstores).

Continue Learning about Hair Coloring

Why is there concern that hair dyes may cause cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Many people in the U.S. and Europe use hair dyes. It is estimated that more than one-third of women ...
Can coloring, dyeing, or bleaching damage my hair?
Artificial coloring on your hair, whether you're bleaching it or coloring it, is the equivalent of a...
Is It Safe to Dye My Hair While Pregnant?
Is It Safe to Dye My Hair While I am Pregnant?