How can I make hair coloring last longer?

No matter how "permanent" your chemical hair color claims to be, or how expertly it was applied, all dyes will fade with time. Exposure to sun, air, and harsh shampoos can hasten the fading and contribute to a lackluster shade. When coloring your hair, I recommend using a semi-permanent rather than a permanent hair color system. Semi-permanents are far gentler than permanent dyes and are designed to fade over time, allowing you to replenish your color sooner without causing as much damage. Also, use shampoos and conditioners that are designed for the maintenance of hair color.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Hair Coloring

What possible adverse reactions could I have when coloring my hair?
Hair coloring can cause adverse reactions such as burning, redness, and irritation, especially i...
Is hair color safe?
Hair color used to be very detrimental to one's health. Dr. Oz explains how safe hair color is n...
Is It Safe to Dye My Hair While I am Pregnant?
Is It Safe to Dye My Hair While Pregnant?