What's the best way to straighten my hair?

We recommend blow-drying your hair and flattening your curly locks with a flatiron. Brazilian Blowout and similar smoothing solutions contain toxins like formaldehyde---the stuff they use to preserve the remains of dead animals, such as embalming fluid. Ew. Formaldehyde is toxic and should only be used in well ventilated areas and never on your hair.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
What products can I take for thinning hair?
Thinning hair, often with loss of hair color, can be a sign of a biotin deficiency. If you are defic...
What hair style can make me look good as I age?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
As a general rule, medium to short hair has an uplifting effect on the face. Longer styles tend to e...
Create Beautiful, Defined Lashes
Create Beautiful, Defined Lashes