What products can I take for thinning hair?

Thinning hair, often with loss of hair color, can be a sign of a biotin deficiency. If you are deficient in biotin, a B complex vitamin, you can take biotin supplements orally. Check with your doctor or dermatologist to learn the right dosage. Keep in mind though, that unless you have a biotin deficiency—which is rare—the supplements probably won't help thicken your hair. Other signs of biotin deficiency include scaly red rash around the eyes, nose, and mouth, as well as tingling in the arms and legs and depression.

If you have concerns about recent or unusual hair loss, talk to your doctor or dermatologist. It's possible that an underlying medical condition could be the cause.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
What hairstyles can help me look younger?
David PollockDavid Pollock
Longer hair can actually make you look tired and worn down. Shorter hair eliminates the dry ends, cr...
Can a divorce lead to hair loss?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
In a study of 84 identical female twins, marital status, including divorce, emerged as the leading f...
Create Beautiful, Defined Lashes
Create Beautiful, Defined Lashes