What products can I take for thinning hair?

Thinning hair, often with loss of hair color, can be a sign of a biotin deficiency. If you are deficient in biotin, a B complex vitamin, you can take biotin supplements orally. Check with your doctor or dermatologist to learn the right dosage. Keep in mind though, that unless you have a biotin deficiency—which is rare—the supplements probably won't help thicken your hair. Other signs of biotin deficiency include scaly red rash around the eyes, nose, and mouth, as well as tingling in the arms and legs and depression.

If you have concerns about recent or unusual hair loss, talk to your doctor or dermatologist. It's possible that an underlying medical condition could be the cause.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

How Can I Use My Hair to Make Me Look Younger?
Easy Evening Hair
Easy Evening Hair
How to Create Perfectly Shaped Eyebrows
How to Create Perfectly Shaped Eyebrows
What Causes Hair to Turn Grey?
What Causes Hair to Turn Grey?