What would happen if I never cut my hair?

Hairs on our heads grow approximately half an inch per month and have an average lifespan of two to six years. From this, one can figure that an average person's hair shouldn't grow longer than about 3 feet or so.

.5 inches x 12 months x 6 years = 36 inches or 3 feet

Since some people's hair may grow a bit faster and might possibly remain attached for a longer time period, it's possible that someone's hair may grow even longer, say about 5 feet. That, however, would be much less common. So, it's highly unlikely you would resemble Cousin It of the Addams Family.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
Do keratin hair-straightening treatments contain formaldehyde?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
In the wake of the Brazilian Blowout scandal that has many seeking alternative routes to achieve smo...
How can I make my hair smoother and less frizzy?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
To make your hair smoother and less frizzy, Amy McMichael, MD, chair of the Department of Dermatolog...
What's the best way to straighten my hair?
We recommend blow-drying your hair and flattening your curly locks with a flatiron. Brazilian Bl...