How can I keep my hair from getting tangled?

Hair tangles happen when the cuticle (the outside layer) gets roughed up and clings to neighboring strands like Velcro. Chemical processes, hot tools and everyday wear and tear are tough on the cuticle. Be gentle when combing out tangles so you don’t make the damage worse—a dollop of conditioner on the area will help your comb slide through smoothly.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
How is brushing good for my hair?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
There are three cycles of hair growth: growth, shedding and resting. If you’re not brushing your hai...
Why does hair get greasy looking?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Hair can get greasy over time either because of oils secreted from the scalp or because of oily ...
How to Repair Your Natural Hair
How to Repair Your Natural Hair