How can I keep my hair from getting tangled?

Hair tangles happen when the cuticle (the outside layer) gets roughed up and clings to neighboring strands like Velcro. Chemical processes, hot tools and everyday wear and tear are tough on the cuticle. Be gentle when combing out tangles so you don’t make the damage worse—a dollop of conditioner on the area will help your comb slide through smoothly.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
What is the best type of styling product to use on my hair?
Today's styling products are available in a variety of preparations from an array of manufacturers. ...
6 Simple Ways to Keep Your Hair Healthy
6 Simple Ways to Keep Your Hair Healthy6 Simple Ways to Keep Your Hair Healthy6 Simple Ways to Keep Your Hair Healthy6 Simple Ways to Keep Your Hair Healthy
Prevent breakage and hair loss with these easy tips.
3 Hair Do’s and Don’ts
3 Hair Do’s and Don’ts