Does hair get frizzier with age?

Hair gets frizzier with age. The individual strands get curvier over time, and weak spots where the hair bends let moisture in and out. Even the most straight-haired ladies might suddenly notice renegade kinky strands sticking up willy nilly. If your hair has a lot of natural texture, you might notice that your hair is more difficult to style.

Invest in humidity-resistant hair care, and look for words like “smoothing” and “sleek” when shopping for shampoo and conditioner. You might be tempted to skip conditioner because you think it will weigh your hair down, but in-shower moisturizing is key for preventing frizz. After your shower, gently blot hair dry with a microfiber hair towel. Rubbing with a regular towel is a one-way ticket to Frizzville.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
How can I make my thick hair manageable?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Although ladies with fine hair might kill for some of your hair volume, your strands may be hard...
What can I do to make my hair look younger and healthier?
Like the skin, the hair can reveal a lot about your overall health. Learn more about remedies fo...
Best Technique for Applying Lip Color
Best Technique for Applying Lip Color