Can a divorce lead to hair loss?

In a study of 84 identical female twins, marital status, including divorce, emerged as the leading forecaster for hair loss. Widows and divorcees experienced greater amounts of hair loss than their married counterparts—a phenomenon that scientists attribute to the effects of stress on the body. Researchers used sets of identical twins, as they would genetically carry the same possibility of hair loss. This makes other influences that might cause the siblings to deviate from a predetermined hair pattern clearer to discern.

Continue Learning about Hair & Beauty

5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
5 Steps to Safer Body Hair Grooming
In War for Planet of the Apes, Andy Serkis (the ape Ceaser) and Woody Harrelson (the Colonel) sport virtually the same coiffure. It seems both Ceaser ...
How can I protect my hair from chlorine?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Swimming in a pool may feel heavenly, but the chlorine is hellish for your hair. The chemicals in ch...
Should a woman groom her pubic hair?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Many men and women have questions about pubic hair. The variety of grooming treatments available tod...
The Instant Hair Makeover You Have to See