Why might I need repeated Pap tests?

You might need repeated Pap tests if the pathologist is unable to see the cells well. Any substance including lubricant, douching, sperm or blood can obscure the cells, making it a little more difficult to read for the pathologist. This does not mean that you have to reschedule your Pap test, however, it may mean that the Pap test will need to be repeated.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Everything a Gynecologist Wants You to Know About Endometriosis
It’s estimated that more than 6.5 million women in the United States are affected by endometriosis. The chronic condition occurs when tissue similar t...
Could a urogynecologist help with my groin and hip pain?
Kevin W. Windom, MDKevin W. Windom, MD
Urogynecologists are trained urologists and/or gynecologists that are specialized in the treatment o...
What's an example of pelvic floor disorder and how they affect sex?
Michael H. Safir, MDMichael H. Safir, MD
Painful bladder disorders can lead to pain during intercourse. In this video, urologist Michael Safi...
Can I have children after an endometrial ablation?
Southern Hills HospitalSouthern Hills Hospital
You should not have children after endometrial ablation. A long-term contraceptive plan is part of h...