What are possible causes of painful menstrual cycles?

Darcy N. Bryan, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Painful menstrual cycles can be because of a number of reasons. In this video, Darcy Bryan, MD, of Riverside Community Hospital, discusses why a woman might experience pain during her cycle.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

The Truth About Hysterectomies
The Truth About Hysterectomies
Roughly one in nine women in the U.S. will have a hysterectomy, or surgery to remove the uterus, at some point in their lifetime. A healthcare provide...
Is vaginal discharge normal after a hysterectomy?
Dr. Hugo D. Ribot, MDDr. Hugo D. Ribot, MD
Depending on a patient's age, it can be normal to have some vaginal discharge even after a hysterect...
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
Skipping annual appointments, self-treating symptoms and other gyno no-nos.
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?