What causes the pain during recovery from hysterectomies?

Kristine A. Borrison, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
The incision is the primary cause of pain after a hysterectomy. Watch gynecologist Kristine Borrison, MD, of Good Samaritan Hospital, as she explains sources of pain after a hysterectomy -- and reveals a surprising post-surgery symptom.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

The Truth About Hysterectomies
The Truth About Hysterectomies
Roughly one in nine women in the U.S. will have a hysterectomy, or surgery to remove the uterus, at some point in their lifetime. A healthcare provide...
How do I manage my uterine prolapse on a daily basis?
Learn what you should do during a uterine prolapse, where the uterus falls through the vagina, in th...
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
Skipping annual appointments, self-treating symptoms and other gyno no-nos.
Is It Possible for a Tampon to Get Stuck Inside My Body?