What increases my risk for fibroadenoma?

What causes fibroadenoma is still unknown. However, it is thought that their occurrence may be linked to reproductive hormones. This is because tumors are most likely to occur after puberty and prior to menopause, and because they can grow during pregnancy or if you are undergoing estrogen therapy.

Your risk of fibroadenoma may be increased if you are an adolescent or premenopausal woman. Your chances of fibroadenoma are also higher if you are pregnant or a post-menopausal woman currently going through estrogen therapy. And if you've had fibroadenoma before, it increases your risk of getting it again.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

5 Proven Ways to Cut Your Cervical Cancer Risk
With timely screenings and the proper prevention methods, cervical cancer can be found early—when a cure is most possible—or avoided all together. Tha...
What are some physical symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)?
Citrus Memorial HospitalCitrus Memorial Hospital
Some common premenstrual signs are irritability, impatience, bloating, and constipation.
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing12 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Stop Doing
Skipping annual appointments, self-treating symptoms and other gyno no-nos.
What Do I Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Lubricants or Moisturizers to Treat Vaginal Dryness?