Are there different types of vaginal pessaries for uterine prolapse?

There are many different types of pessaries used for the treatment of uterine prolapse. These devices can be made of silicone, plastic, or rubber, and they come in a variety of shapes, such as cube, donut, or diaphragm. There is also a range of sizes available for each type of pessary. The specific pessary chosen depends on several factors, including the amount of uterine prolapse, the size of the vaginal opening, and the ease of insertion.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

The New Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines
On an episode of the controversial show Girls, Hannah finds out she’s contracted HPV. When she tells her friend Shoshanna, Shoshanna says, “Jessa has ...
How should I care for my incision after a hysterectomy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you've had an abdominal hysterectomy surgery, your incision will take longer to heal than the sma...
9 Causes of Pelvic Pain That Aren’t Your Period
9 Causes of Pelvic Pain That Aren’t Your Period9 Causes of Pelvic Pain That Aren’t Your Period9 Causes of Pelvic Pain That Aren’t Your Period9 Causes of Pelvic Pain That Aren’t Your Period
Awful cramping or discomfort could signal a serious condition, like fibroids or endometriosis.
What Is the Recovery Time for Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy?