Is there a cure for polycystic ovary syndrome?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
As of now, researchers are still trying to discover both the cause and the cure for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In the meantime, there are many ways that you can try to manage the symptoms of this condition and prevent its progression. Since excess insulin and androgen levels are sometimes a factor in PCOS, try to limit your sugar and carbohydrate intake. If you have a family history of the condition or have an accompanying illness like diabetes, talk to your doctor about frequent checkups for PCOS. Also, take any medication as directed in order to control your menstrual cycle and PCOS symptoms.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Tips and Tricks for Living With OAB
Tips and Tricks for Living With OAB
Living with overactive bladder can be challenging, but there are strategies that can help. Learn more in this video featuring four women living with O...
Is the G-Spot Real?
Is the G-Spot Real?
What Do I Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Lubricants or Moisturizers to Treat Vaginal Dryness?
What Issues Should I Consider When Choosing an OB/GYN?