How does polycystic ovary syndrome affect my skin?

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can affect your skin in many different ways. First and foremost, two of the most common symptoms associated with PCOS are excessive hair growth and worsened acne. Also, PCOS can affect your insulin levels resulting in dark patches of skin anywhere on your body. Some of the complications associated with PCOS, like diabetes and heart disease, can also lead to skin irritation and sensitivity.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Gynecology

Gynecology

There are many key areas in the field of female reproductive system health, including menstruation, pregnancy, fertility, and menopause. As a woman, you may be concerned about other issues related to your sexual health, including ...

genital problems and sexually transmitted diseases. If you are a female that is sexually active, or over the age of 18, it is important to begin seeing a womans' health specialist in order to make sure that your reproductive system stays healthy. Before that, any concerns with menstruation should be addressed with a physician. As you get older, most women become concerned with issues pertaining to avoiding or achieving pregnancy, until menopause begins around age 50.