How do I manage my polycystic ovary syndrome on a daily basis?

You can manage your polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor concerning treatment. Make sure to schedule regular checkups to monitor the progression of the condition and its associated illnesses. Keep a healthy diet and lifestyle in order to lower insulin and androgen levels; high levels of these are associated with PCOS. Take any medication given by your doctor and gather all of the information you can on the condition. It may help you to join a support group so that you can share your experiences with others that suffer from PCOS.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

5 Proven Ways to Cut Your Cervical Cancer Risk
With timely screenings and the proper prevention methods, cervical cancer can be found early—when a cure is most possible—or avoided all together. Tha...
Why shouldn't I have a PAP smear before the age of 21?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Women younger than 21 years, regardless of sexual history, should not get Pap tests. “Pap-test abnor...
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
Beyond just sexual and reproductive health issues, your OB can work with you on the health of your bones, heart and more.
What Is an Estrogen Ring and How Can It Help with Vaginal Pain or Dryness?