How effective is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys the lining of the uterus. It is often used in place of a hysterectomy as it is less invasive. Endometrial ablation is a very effective method to manage heavy burdensome menstrual cycles. After ablation, approximately 90% of women will have no periods, lighter periods, or normal periods.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Can I have children after an endometrial ablation?
Southern Hills HospitalSouthern Hills Hospital
You should not have children after endometrial ablation. A long-term contraceptive plan is part of h...
What are potential complications of a hysterectomy?
Dr. Hugo D. Ribot, MDDr. Hugo D. Ribot, MD
A hysterectomy is the removal of only the uterus (with or without the cervix). As one can read by g...
How should I prepare for a gynecologist appointment?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
A gynecological appointment is a come-as-you-are party, says obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. L...
What is a tilted uterus and how can it affect me?
Dr. Evelyn Minaya, MDDr. Evelyn Minaya, MD
A tilted uterus refers to the position of the uterus in the abdomen as it relates to the bladder and...