How does fibroadenoma affect the body?

Most cases of fibroadenoma are uncomplicated and do not have serious effects on the body. In some cases you may experience discharge from one or both nipples. Other common effects may be breast tenderness and fullness, which are exacerbated by intake of caffeine, chocolate, and sodium. More rarely, a person can develop complex fibroadenoma, and this type may cause complications. In complex fibroadenoma, the tumors contain cystic tissue and may increase the chances that you will develop breast cancer.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Everything a Gynecologist Wants You to Know About Endometriosis
It’s estimated that more than 6.5 million women in the United States are affected by endometriosis. The chronic condition occurs when tissue similar t...
How can I decrease my symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)?
Metropolitan Methodist HospitalMetropolitan Methodist Hospital
Using birth control, maintaining a healthy diet, and keeping weight down can help decrease symptoms ...
8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing
8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing
From recovery time to your post-surgery sex life, we’re debunking some of the common misconceptions.
How Does Menopause Affect a Woman's Libido?