How does fibroadenoma affect the body?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Most cases of fibroadenoma are uncomplicated and do not have serious effects on the body. In some cases you may experience discharge from one or both nipples. Other common effects may be breast tenderness and fullness, which are exacerbated by intake of caffeine, chocolate, and sodium. More rarely, a person can develop complex fibroadenoma, and this type may cause complications. In complex fibroadenoma, the tumors contain cystic tissue and may increase the chances that you will develop breast cancer.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

What are the treatment options for uterine prolapse?
The treatment of uterine prolapse depends on the severity of the prolapse, as well as several factor...
How should I care for my incision after a hysterectomy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you've had an abdominal hysterectomy surgery, your incision will take longer to heal than the sma...
8 Vagina Red Flags to Get Checked Out ASAP
8 Vagina Red Flags to Get Checked Out ASAP8 Vagina Red Flags to Get Checked Out ASAP8 Vagina Red Flags to Get Checked Out ASAP8 Vagina Red Flags to Get Checked Out ASAP
Bleeding, burning, bumps and other reasons to call your gyno immediately. There's a lot going on in and around your vagina—like periods, queefs and sq...
How Frequently Should I Get a Pap Smear to Screen for Cervical Cancer?