How is vulvodynia treated?

Treatment involves removing any irritants and using gentle local care. Loose clothes and cold packs are helpful. Treatment may also include topical lidocaine (Xylocaine), tricyclic antidepressants, or anticonvulsants such as gabapentin.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Why do my fingernails change around the time I get my period?
Menstruation, or periods, can affect the fingernails. In this video, Dr. Oz explains the link be...
Do all women need to have an annual Pap test?
Not all women need to have an annual Pap test. Women 21 to 65 years old who have had normal Pap test...
When should a woman call her doctor for chronic pelvic pain?
A woman should call her doctor for chronic pelvic pain if the pain is affecting her ability to funct...
What should I do to prepare for a gynecologist appointment?