Why do my fingernails change around the time I get my period?

Menstruation, or periods, can affect the fingernails. In this video, Dr. Oz explains the link between the two.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

10 Essential Rules for a Healthy Vagina
10 Essential Rules for a Healthy Vagina
Vaginal yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis are the two most common types of vaginal health issues treated by Catherine Bagley, OBGYN, of Henrico...
When should a woman call her doctor for chronic pelvic pain?
A woman should call her doctor for chronic pelvic pain if the pain is affecting her ability to funct...
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
Beyond just sexual and reproductive health issues, your OB can work with you on the health of your bones, heart and more.
What Is a Hysterectomy?
What Is a Hysterectomy?