What is atypical glandular cell (AGC)?

Atypical glandular cell, also referred to as AGC, is a term used to describe abnormal cells that come from inside the cervix or from the lining of the uterus. These abnormal cells are found in a small number of Pap smears (a procedure used to detect cervical cancer) and may be a sign of more serious lesions or cancer.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Is uterine sarcoma life-threatening?
Uterine sarcoma is life-threatening if it is not treated. If the cancer spreads to other organs, lif...
What is gynecologic cancer?
Dr. Kevin R. Brader, MDDr. Kevin R. Brader, MD
Gynecologic cancers start in a woman's reproductive organs and can potentially spread to other parts...
Can I Still Have Children after Treatment for Uterine Cancer?
Have Gynecological Cancers Rates of Incidence Increased?