Should I talk to my doctor about my gynecologic cancer symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Gynecologic cancers are serious and can be deadly. Cancers of the female reproductive organs can spread to other parts of the body. Once the cancer has spread, it can be far more difficult to treat and is often terminal. Early detection and treatment of gynecologic cancers are crucial for survival. If you are experiencing symptoms, speak to your doctor as soon as possible.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Are there any screening tests for uterine sarcoma?
There are no recommended screening tests for uterine sarcoma. It is usually discovered because of th...
What gynecologic cancers can be treated with robotic surgery?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Ovarian, uterine and cervical cancers can all be treated with robotic surgery.
Can gynecologic cancers be prevented?
While you may not be able to entirely prevent gynecologic cancers, you can lower your risk by taking...
Is uterine sarcoma life-threatening?
Uterine sarcoma is life-threatening if it is not treated. If the cancer spreads to other organs, lif...