How can I prepare for an appointment to diagnose gynecologic cancer?

You can prepare for an appointment to diagnose gynecologic cancer by making a list of all your symptoms, even those that may not seem to be relevant. Your doctor will need to know all about your medical history, including your history of STDs and sexual partners. Your doctor will need to know what medications, vitamins, and supplements that you are currently taking. Tell your doctor about any current changes in your life, especially stressful ones.

Make a list of any questions you might want to ask your doctor. Take a friend or relative to the appointment with you, to offer moral support and help you remember what the doctor said.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

What do I need to know about caring for someone with uterine sarcoma?
You can help care for someone with uterine sarcoma by accompanying them to their doctor's appointmen...
What is the rate of incidence of uterine sarcoma?
The incidence of uterine sarcoma has decreased in the past decade or so. About 1,200 women each year...
What Is the Treatment for Uterine Cancer?
Have Gynecological Cancers Rates of Incidence Increased?