Should I get regular pelvic exams to prevent gynecologic cancers?

Regular pelvic exams can help your doctor detect some types of gynecologic cancers in their early stages, when treatment is usually most successful. Cervical cancer, vaginal cancer and vulvar cancer are often diagnosed this way. Due to heightened awareness of the importance of early detection to successful cancer treatment, the rates of incidence of cervical and other types of gynecologic cancers have been greatly reduced over the past 40 years.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

What is the most common gynecologic cancer?
The most common cancer of the female reproductive system is endometrial cancer of the uterus, also k...
Is emotional support important for gynecologic cancers?
Emotional support is very important when coping with gynecologic cancer. A diagnosis of cancer may c...
Can I Still Have Children after Treatment for Uterine Cancer?
What Is the Treatment for Uterine Cancer?