What increases my risk for uterine sarcoma?

There are only a few factors that are known to increase risk for uterine sarcoma. The first is race - for unknown reasons, African American women are almost twice as likely to develop uterine sarcoma. Women who have had radiation therapy in the pelvic region are also more likely to develop uterine sarcoma. It is also thought that women who have taken the drug tamoxifen to treat breast cancer are at increased risk for uterine sarcoma.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Is nutrition important for gynecologic cancers?
Kalli Castille, MS, RD, CSO, LDKalli Castille, MS, RD, CSO, LD
Yes, nutrition is important for any cancer prevention or treatment.  With gynocologic cancers, it is...
Is there a cure for uterine sarcoma?
The outcome of uterine sarcoma depends on the extent of the tumor and how early it is diagnosed. Som...
Can I Still Have Children after Treatment for Uterine Cancer?
What Is Uterine Cancer?
What Is Uterine Cancer?