What is the best way to prevent gynecologic cancers?

Some gynecologic cancers, such as ovarian cancer, can be prevented by using birth control pills, experiencing pregnancy, or breastfeeding.. Undergoing a tubal ligation or hysterectomy can also reduce the risk of ovarian cancer. A new vaccine, Gardasil, is available for the prevention of most types of cervical cancer.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Is nutrition important for gynecologic cancers?
Nutrition is essential in the treatment of gynecologic cancers. Eating a nutritious diet high in pro...
What is the history of gynecologic oncology?
Nimesh P. Nagarsheth, MDNimesh P. Nagarsheth, MD
The field of gynecologic oncology began in the 1960s to bridge gaps in treatment. In this video, Nim...
Have Gynecological Cancers Rates of Incidence Increased?
Can I Still Have Children after Treatment for Uterine Cancer?