Why is the gym a safe place to exercise if I have heart problems?

The gym is the place to be to keep your heart healthy, but it’s also where you want to be if something goes wrong. If you suffer a heart attack at a health club, you have a much better chance of surviving it than other public places. This is due to automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and staff who know cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and have quick communication with emergency responders. 

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

How can I exercise safely in hot and humid weather?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
High temperatures and high humidity decrease the body’s ability to keep cool. Exercising outdoors in...
What factors should I consider when choosing a studio health club?
Determine whether the club matches up with your specific preferences. Beyond that, look for a studio...
How to Choose a Gym
How to Choose a Gym
For a Better Workout, Avoid These Exercise Mistakes