Why is the gym a safe place to exercise if I have heart problems?

The gym is the place to be to keep your heart healthy, but it’s also where you want to be if something goes wrong. If you suffer a heart attack at a health club, you have a much better chance of surviving it than other public places. This is due to automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and staff who know cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and have quick communication with emergency responders. 

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

What type of help can I expect from a studio health club?
The staff at studio health clubs typically offer more attention to each member than you might experi...
Do all health clubs run the same personal training system?
Maya Freeman , NASM Elite TrainerMaya Freeman , NASM Elite Trainer
Health clubs do not have the same training systems. Then again all schools are not the same either. ...
What percent of Americans belong to health clubs?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
About 16% of the American population (about 50.2 million) currently belongs to a health club. That r...
What is the advantage of a medical fitness center?
Regina Tula , NASM Elite TrainerRegina Tula , NASM Elite Trainer
A noted advantage for a medical fitness center are classes geared specifically for certian diseases ...