What is the salary of a health club employee?

What feels better than getting to the gym regularly and completing a tough but fun workout? Getting paid for it! Working where one works out might return a bigger reward than imagined. As of July 2012, the average annual compensation for these health-club positions was the following:
  • General manager: $95,333
  • Assistant general manager: $64,092
  • Spa director: $59,492
  • Fitness director: $55,441
  • Maintenance manager: $50,479
Not looking for a full-time commitment? Here’s what to expect to earn per hour, on average, for some common part-time health-club positions:
  • Tennis instructor: $33.83
  • Yoga instructor: $30.26
  • Group cycling instructor: $27.35
  • Personal trainer: $21.31
  • Maintenance worker: $13.05

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

Do all studio health clubs operate the same way?
No. Studio health clubs have the flexibility to customize their environment to suit their target aud...
How can I tell if the gym or fitness club I'm joining is right for me?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Almost all gyms have someone who is willing to give you a tour of the gym and their amenities.  As y...
How do I find out if my gym or fitness club is safe?
Steven Mogavero , NASM Elite TrainerSteven Mogavero , NASM Elite Trainer
Ask questions! You want to know as much information as possible. Take a tour of the facility make su...
How can I tell if a gym or fitness club is using outdated equipment?
Kevin Weston , NASM Elite TrainerKevin Weston , NASM Elite Trainer
A quality gym doesn't need to have brand new equipment in order to help you reach your goals. Howeve...