What are the disadvantages of joining a gym?

Disadvantages are far and few between and frankly I believe the only disadvantage are the excuses you make for not going.  Life does get in the way but if you want to be there then you would make a way to be there.  However, the only things to pay attention to would be any contract you have to sign.  Be careful not to get stuck in any sort of bind that prevents you from cancelling if things such as a move are needed or an injury occurs, etc.

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

There are potential negatives to joining a gym, including:

• You may not live close to a good facility.
  • A gym membership can be expensive, though there are reasonably priced gyms in most areas.
  • Some people are embarrassed about their bodies, or about not being able to keep up with other people in their exercise classes.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

How can I tell if a gym or fitness club is using outdated equipment?
Simply take a look around. Often if equipment is old and outdated, you’ll be able to tell by the uph...
How do I find out if my gym or fitness club is safe?
To determine if your gym or fitness club is safe, take a tour through the facility and take not of t...
For a Better Workout, Avoid These Exercise Mistakes
How to Choose a Gym
How to Choose a Gym