How will other people in the gym affect my workout?

People have a tendency to be motivated by exercisers who are at or just above their physical level, and unmotivated by exercisers who are way below or way above their level. It's good to have this information before you join a gym so you are better prepared when you choose the type of fitness facility you join. It's hard to be realistic about where we're at with our exercise. Most of us want to think that we are much faster and stronger than we really are and this sort of thinking can cloud your judgment. If you are concerned about the effects of other people on your exercise, you may want to ask an impartial friend, family member or fitness professional about how they see your abilities. If you are comfortable, you might want to ask specifically how they see your abilities with regards to other people at the gym. Comparing and contrasting your abilities with others will give you a more realistic picture of where you are.

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

Why is checking a gym's or fitness club's hours important?
Cecilia Alston , NASM Elite TrainerCecilia Alston , NASM Elite Trainer
You may want to check a gym's club hours to see if that gyms open hours is conducive to your availab...
Can I get sick from unclean gym equipment?
Julie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RDJulie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RD
It is possible to get certain illnesses or skin rashes from unclean workout equipment, but if you ar...
How to Choose a Gym
How to Choose a Gym
For a Better Workout, Avoid These Exercise Mistakes