How will other people in the gym affect my workout?

People have a tendency to be motivated by exercisers who are at or just above their physical level, and unmotivated by exercisers who are way below or way above their level. It's good to have this information before you join a gym so you are better prepared when you choose the type of fitness facility you join. It's hard to be realistic about where we're at with our exercise. Most of us want to think that we are much faster and stronger than we really are and this sort of thinking can cloud your judgment. If you are concerned about the effects of other people on your exercise, you may want to ask an impartial friend, family member or fitness professional about how they see your abilities. If you are comfortable, you might want to ask specifically how they see your abilities with regards to other people at the gym. Comparing and contrasting your abilities with others will give you a more realistic picture of where you are.

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

What is the advantage of a medical fitness center?
Regina Tula , NASM Elite TrainerRegina Tula , NASM Elite Trainer
A noted advantage for a medical fitness center are classes geared specifically for certian diseases ...
What is the salary of a health club employee?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
What feels better than getting to the gym regularly and completing a tough but fun workout? Getting ...
What should I keep in my gym bag?
Alicen Ronan, NASM Elite TrainerAlicen Ronan, NASM Elite Trainer
Your gym bag should hold all the essentials to help you get a good workout. It should also contain i...
How can I prevent waking up with a stiff back?
A comprehensive approach to eliminating back stiffness may be your best solution. Begin by making si...