Is the training facility important for gymnastics?

The training facility is extremely important for gymnastics. A trusted recommendation or referral should be obtained, and the facility should be viewed before starting. Basic requirements of a good facility include proper working and maintained equipment, a highly qualified staff of coaches, well-padded mats under each apparatus, good lighting, a quiet environment for learning and focus, and a well-organized, safe program to follow. Meeting with a staff member to get a feel for the environment, necessary prerequisites, and training expectations is advisable. Some facilities are geared toward those who are only interested and committed to become serious professional athletes. Although this sounds reasonable, for some, the intensity will be too high and unobtainable. It is important to match the goal of the student with the goals of the facility.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What strength exercises can be done to enhance gymnastic performance?
Strength exercises that utilize bodyweight are very helpful. Seated rope climbing, push-ups, pul...
How do I increase my endurance for the vault in gymnastics?
Vaulting involves straight ahead speed, or sprinting, before hitting the spring board. Without p...
Can strength and conditioning be helpful for gymnasts?
Strength and conditioning is important and helpful for all sports and athletes including gymnasts. I...
Is cardio or strength training more important for gymnastics?
The demands on a gymnast are usually short during competition, and because of this, the cardiova...