Will strength training help my gymnastics?

Yes, strength training will help in gymnastics. Due to the demands in the sport, strength training will assist in improving one's ability to push, pull, press, squat and lunge more effictively. To improve strength, perform resistance training 3 times per week. Perform 8-10 exercises that focus on all the major muscle groups. Perform 1-3 sets (depending on physical capabilities) of 6-10 repetitions. Use a weight for which the last few repetitions in the set are challenging. Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What can help me stick my landings in gymnastics?
Sticking the landing in gymnastics refers to a non-wobbling finish off an apparatus or at the co...
Can strength and conditioning help me on the uneven bars in gymnastics?
Strength and conditioning is important and should be included in a gymnast's training program.It...
How many times per week should I be doing cardio training for gymnastics?
Cardiovascular training for gymnasts be should added for varying amounts of time depending on th...
How do I increase my endurance for the vault in gymnastics?
Vaulting involves straight ahead speed, or sprinting, before hitting the spring board. Without p...