Can strength and conditioning help with fatigue during gymnastics?

A good strength and conditioning program can help with fatigue. A body can become fatigued not only from long hours of practicing, but from inefficient movement that can waste energy. Inefficient movement can also lead to muscular imbalances which can then lead to injury. Efficient movement is using the right muscle, at the right place, at the right time. Recovery and regeneration should also be instructed in a strength and conditioning program. Proper fuel, rest, care of your muscles, and sleep are all needs that mustbe met to allow the body to recover and feel rejuvenated for the next practice. Working with a certified trainer is advisable to obtain a proper strength and conditioning program, and to receive education about recovery.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

How can I increase my upper-body strength for gymnastics?
Upper-body strength is a great asset for gymnastics, and a much needed component of a performance tr...
Will strength training help my gymnastics?
Yes, strength training will help in gymnastics. Due to the demands in the sport, strength traini...
How many times per week should I be doing cardio training for gymnastics?
Cardiovascular training for gymnasts be should added for varying amounts of time depending on th...
How does staying tight reduce gymnastic injuries?
A gymnast is often told to stay tight, or keep the body tense, while executing movements. It is ...