Can strength and conditioning help with fatigue during gymnastics?

A good strength and conditioning program can help with fatigue. A body can become fatigued not only from long hours of practicing, but from inefficient movement that can waste energy. Inefficient movement can also lead to muscular imbalances which can then lead to injury. Efficient movement is using the right muscle, at the right place, at the right time. Recovery and regeneration should also be instructed in a strength and conditioning program. Proper fuel, rest, care of your muscles, and sleep are all needs that mustbe met to allow the body to recover and feel rejuvenated for the next practice. Working with a certified trainer is advisable to obtain a proper strength and conditioning program, and to receive education about recovery.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

Why do some gymnasts wear straps on their hands?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
These straps, called grips or hand guards, are often worn by gymnasts who perform a lot of swing...
What dynamic stretches can I do for gymnastics?
Dynamic stretches are a great preactivity warm-up and should be included for all athletes. These...
How can I become more powerful during my gymnastics floor routine?
Floor routines include tumbles, leaps, turns, flips, and backward and forward twists. Balance, stren...
What are the events that require the most power for gymnastics?
All events in gymnastics require some sort of power. The ones that need the most power are the vault...