How do I know if I am getting enough conditioning in my gymnastics?

Possibly. Conditioning for gymnastics is obtained by following the lead of a good coach and by practicing moves repetitively. However, proper conditioning that can enhance performance, reduce risk of injury, and reveal muscular imbalances that should be corrected, may not be taking place inside a facility. Strength and conditioning are important aspects of any performance program, and should be individualized for optimal skill attainment.

It is essential to note that more training is not necessarily better, and can lead to overtraining and injury. With proper exercise technique and progression, the body can obtain more efficiency which is energy saving rather than energy depleting. Guidance on all conditioning programs should be obtained with a safe format that enhances an athlete's performance.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics