What dynamic stretches can I do for gymnastics?

Dynamic stretches are a great preactivity warm-up and should be included for all athletes. These stretches rid the body of imbalances and teach the body neurological control. Examples of dynamic stretches include walking lunges with a twist, tube walking, push-ups with rotation, skipping, and dynamic leg swings or kicks.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

Can strength and conditioning help me on the uneven bars in gymnastics?
Strength and conditioning is important and should be included in a gymnast's training program.It...
What do gymnasts need to stretch the most?
Quite often, a gymnast's calf musculature is very tight. There is a great amount of time spent on ...
What are the basic skills needed for gymnastics?
Basic skills required for the gymnast are flexibility, core strength, balance, upper and lower-b...
Are there balance drills for gymnasts?
Balance is a huge component of gymnastics and drills can enhance performance. Drills for balance i...