Will balance tools help my gymnastics?

Balance training with the right tools can be very fun, rewarding, and increase confidence during gymnastics. There are many balance tools available for athletes.

Such tools include Airex pads, balance boards, dyna discs, stability balls, foam rollers, and more. They can be a fun and effective way to enhance balance if done properly, and with the appropriate techniques and progressions. Tools should only be used as safely as can be controlled. Without following a proper progression within limits of control, effectiveness of the exercise is lost and risk of injury can increase.

Continue Learning about Gymnastics

What can help me stick my landings in gymnastics?
Sticking the landing in gymnastics refers to a non-wobbling finish off an apparatus or at the co...
How can I work circuit training into gymnastics conditioning?
Circuit training is a great way to work both a cardiovascular and strength training session into...
Can ballet help my gymnastic ability?
Ballet is excellent for improving posture, core, discipline, balance, flexibility, and lower-body st...
Can posture enhance my gymnastics performance?
Posture is the static and dynamic alignment of all structures of the body at any given moment, a...