What are the symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Symptoms for Guillain-Barre syndrome may begin subtlety with a prickly or tingly feeling in your fingers and toes. However, the symptoms will begin to spread throughout the body in a relatively short amount of time. Eventually, people experience weakness all over their body, which then morphs into paralysis. Other symptoms can include difficulty walking, speaking, moving and breathing.

Continue Learning about Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

Should I talk to my doctor about Guillain-Barre syndrome?
If you experience any of the symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome, you should call your doctor. Tingl...
What is the prognosis for someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome?
The lasting effects of Guillain-Barre syndrome vary widely. For some the symptoms resolve within wee...
Is Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with the flu vaccine?
Dr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MDDr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Investigators from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews reviewed the risk for serious adverse...
What is Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)?
Guillain-Barre syndrome is a fairly uncommon disorder in which the lining, or myelin sheath, that su...