Is Guillain-Barre syndrome the only cause of numbness in your limbs?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Numbness is a term describing a loss of feeling, usually due to a compression of nerves. Guillain-Barre syndrome is one form of polyneuropathy, a term referring to a group of nerve related diseases leading to numbness. Numbness can be a symptom of many other, less and more serious, diseases including anything from carpal tunnel, herniated disks, or frostbite. Noting how quickly the tingling is spreading is extremely important if you suspect Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Continue Learning about Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

Are there any clinical trials for Guillain-Barre syndrome?
Researchers are working on improving the current treatments and looking for new ones. Scientists are...
Is Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with the flu vaccine?
Dr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MDDr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Investigators from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews reviewed the risk for serious adverse...
Should I talk to my doctor about Guillain-Barre syndrome?
If you experience any of the symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome, you should call your doctor. Tingl...
What is the long-term outlook for Guillain-Barre syndrome patients?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Guillain-Barre syndrome can be a devastating disorder because of its sudden and unexpected onset. In...