How do I manage my Guillain-Barre syndrome on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Coping with Guillain-Barre syndrome at initial onset is crucial. Once under a doctor's supervision, the person suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome usually experiences periods of remission where coping managing the syndrome is necessary. Although most people with Guillain-Barre syndrome achieve full recovery, initial onset of the syndrome forces you to face the possibility of long term disability.

Continue Learning about Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

Is Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with the flu vaccine?
Dr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MDDr. Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Investigators from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews reviewed the risk for serious adverse...
What is Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)?
Guillain-Barre syndrome is a fairly uncommon disorder in which the lining, or myelin sheath, that su...
What do I need to know to care for someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome?
The most essential care to give someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome is to get them immediate medica...
Should I talk to my doctor about Guillain-Barre syndrome?
If you experience any of the symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome, you should call your doctor. Tingl...