Are there any clinical trials for Guillain-Barre syndrome?

There are several ongoing clinical trials attempting to determine the different causes, new treatments and prevention of Guillain Barre Syndrome.
Researchers are working on improving the current treatments and looking for new ones. Scientists are studying the possible connections between the characteristics of the viral and bacterial infections that often trigger Guillain-Barre syndrome. In the past, corticosteroids were offered as treatment for Guillain-Barre disease but failed to prove effective. For information on current clinical trials for GBS consult ClinicalTrials.Gov.

Continue Learning about Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

What do I need to know to care for someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome?
The most essential care to give someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome is to get them immediate medica...
Should I talk to my doctor about Guillain-Barre syndrome?
If you experience any of the symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome, you should call your doctor. Tingl...
Is Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with the flu vaccine?
Dr. Carmen Patrick Mohan, MDDr. Carmen Patrick Mohan, MD
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a rare peripheral nerve disorder that can cause paralysis and in se...
What is the prognosis for someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome?
The lasting effects of Guillain-Barre syndrome vary widely. For some the symptoms resolve within wee...