What are some warning signs that I should seek help for my grief?

G R. Smith, MD
Psychiatry
Some warning signs that someone should seek help for grief include persistent sadness, sleeplessness and depression that won't pass. In this video, psychiatrist G. Richard Smith, MD, explains the symptoms of grief to watch for, and how to get help. 

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

Change, Loss, and Grief: Are Your Reactions Unhealthy?
Most people think of the grieving process as something experienced only after the death of a loved one. But we grieve for many reasons -- be it the lo...
How do other illnesses affect emotional trauma?
Sometimes, illness itself can be a contributing cause of emotional trauma. Severe illness or the pro...
How do men and women deal with the death of a partner?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Research suggests widowers are more likely to die younger than men who are married, and they suf...
How Sharing Stories Can Help the Healing Process