What are some warning signs that I should seek help for my grief?

G R. Smith, MD
Psychiatry
Some warning signs that someone should seek help for grief include persistent sadness, sleeplessness and depression that won't pass. In this video, psychiatrist G. Richard Smith, MD, explains the symptoms of grief to watch for, and how to get help. 

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

How to Handle Your Grief During the Holidays
The holidays should be a time of tremendous joy. But when you’ve experienced a loss—especially if that loss is recent—the season can bring painful fee...
How does grief affect older adults?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Although people experience losses at every age, the toll mounts as one grows older. As friends a...
How does cognitive-behavioral therapy treat emotional trauma?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is designed to help you process your thoughts and feelings follow...
Finding Hope After Senseless Tragedy
Finding Hope After Senseless Tragedy