Should I talk to my doctor about my emotional trauma?

You cannot count on emotional trauma going away without treatment. Further, attempts to try to confront your traumatic memories without the help or secure setting provided by a professional can be dangerous to your mental health. If you feel like your emotional trauma is not improving, you should seek professional assistance.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

Coping with Sudden Loss
Coping with Sudden Loss
Grieving the sudden loss of a loved one can be difficult and heartbreaking. We spoke with licensed psychotherapist Julie Hanks, PhD, LCSW, for tips on...
What is mourning?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Mourning is the social face of grief, the ways in which society presses you to honor the dead an...
Who is most at risk for emotional trauma?
Females are more likely to experience sexual assault and child sexual abuse than males. And even tho...
The Importance of Organ Donation
The Importance of Organ Donation