Should I talk to my doctor about my emotional trauma?

You cannot count on emotional trauma going away without treatment. Further, attempts to try to confront your traumatic memories without the help or secure setting provided by a professional can be dangerous to your mental health. If you feel like your emotional trauma is not improving, you should seek professional assistance.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

How to Handle Your Grief During the Holidays
The holidays should be a time of tremendous joy. But when you’ve experienced a loss—especially if that loss is recent—the season can bring painful fee...
What causes emotional trauma?
Events that are unpredictable, unexpected, threatening, uncontrollable, and frightening can result i...
Is it okay to mention the name of the deceased to a grieving friend?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Name names. Don't be afraid to mention the deceased. It won't make your friend any sadder, altho...
Kathie Lee Gifford Opens Up About Her Faith