Should I talk to my doctor about my emotional trauma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

You cannot count on emotional trauma going away without treatment. Further, attempts to try to confront your traumatic memories without the help or secure setting provided by a professional can be dangerous to your mental health. If you feel like your emotional trauma is not improving, you should seek professional assistance.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

6 Ways Grief Affects Your Health
6 Ways Grief Affects Your Health
If you've ever experienced the loss of a loved one, you've likely confronted a period of grief and mourning in the days, weeks and months following th...
How to Handle Your Grief During the Holidays
The holidays should be a time of tremendous joy. But when you’ve experienced a loss—especially if that loss is recent—the season can bring painful fee...
Is It Possible to Die of a Broken Heart?