Is there a cure for emotional trauma?

There is no easy cure for emotional trauma. In most cases, the effects of emotional trauma can be overcome with therapy and the help of family and friends. However, in some cases, extreme stress and other factors can create a recurrence of emotional trauma. If you do not go through therapy and learn strategies to learn how to handle your trauma, for example, you may be more likely to re-experience emotional trauma later.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

How to Handle Your Grief During the Holidays
The holidays should be a time of tremendous joy. But when you’ve experienced a loss—especially if that loss is recent—the season can bring painful fee...
What should I do if my loved one has a deathbed vision?
David KesslerDavid Kessler
While at the bedside of my patients, I often suggest to family members that there’s no point in tell...
Should I talk to my doctor about my emotional trauma?
You cannot count on emotional trauma going away without treatment. Further, attempts to try to confr...
Who Do You See Before You Die?
Who Do You See Before You Die?